What is UI design? What is UX design? UI vs UX: What’s the difference
UI design (user interface design) and UX design (user experience design) are individual terms, usually put together as one phrase. Although it is common to use the two interchangeably, both are different, crucial aspects of the designing process.
If the meaning and the usage of those terms have ever caused you confusion, we are here to give you an insider’s look on how they work together to improve your application/website. In this article, you’ll find out much about what differs between the two and why you need to master them, as skills.
What Is UI Design?
The term “UI” stands for User Interface, which is the visual presentation of a website/application. The UI refines the on-screen layout, upgrades the transitions and boosts the interface animations.
User interface is where the customer directly comes in contact with the application designs. A suitable user interface can positively affect your website performance and SEO.
UI design helps improve the website’s appearance by utilizing an attractive color scheme, simple typography, and a balanced layout.
UI design elements ensure that there is a simple, easy to understand visual access for the customers.
What Are the UI Design Elements?
The main User Interface Elements include:
● Consistency. By using consistent and predictable factors, users feel more comfortable using a website/application. The more comfortable they are by finishing their desired tasks, the more satisfied they’ll be. Consistency includes colors, fonts, correct placements, and any other visual aspect of a website/application.
● Purposeful Page Layout. The careful placement of items such as buttons, checkboxes, toggles, lists, and text fields etc. plays a big role in the designs by drawing the user’s attention to specified elements.
● Strategic Navigation. Appropriate tags, sliders, icons, search fields, pagination and textures can turn the user’s attention toward essential items, key elements, and breadcrumbs allowing users to identify their current location within the system and skip between pages or go in order through the content.
● Strategic information components. Notifications, Progress Bars, Message Boxes, Tool Tips and window pop-ups help users interact with the site properly.
● Proactive and Attractive Imagery. To design the best user interface, it is essential to predict the customer's commands. Simultaneously, the design should be attractive enough reflecting the brand's personality, and its purposes.
UI designers are responsible for the usage improvement of the application on any device interface. The UI designers decide on designing and representing a product in order to impress the customer and targeted audience. User Interface Design is a main subset of UX. Both share the same goal from different aspects. Providing a positive experience for the user is the ultimate Holy Grail.
What Is UX Design?
UX or User Experience design focuses on the human interactions with the products and services. The product could be anything from physical objects to websites and applications. As a UX designer, you should consider different aspects of the business, design, marketing and psychology. Undoubtedly, user satisfaction increases the chance of success in a competitive market.
A UX designer makes products and technologies accessible for all customers. A comprehensive user experience design involves making sure the user can conveniently explore your website/application, make a purchase, use the product, and seek customer support.
What Are the UX Design Elements?
The main User experience Elements include:
● Identify Customers' Needs. A professional UX design specifies a customer's demands and creates ways to answer them practically.
● Intuitive and Clear Navigation: Users should be able to navigate easily through a website\application.
● Easy Communication: UX design lets the customers finish their desired actions successfully and to be connected with support service.
● Reinforce User Trust and Showcase Brand's Values: Best designs use psychology to affect user’s emotions. Customers should have a positive perception of the brand.
How Do UI and UX Work Together?
UI design is a crucial subset of UX. Truthfully, there is no borderline between the two. In other words, UI is about how subjects appear to the eye, while UX is about how they work and process. In the designing procedure, the UX designer specifies how user interfaces work. Meanwhile, the UI designer visualizes the interfaces. Proficient UI attracts your audience; practical UX keeps them.
Eventually, UI design creates an inviting and engaging framework that makes your site/app aesthetically pleasing. For a successful brand, these two must collaborate.
Why UI/UX Is Important for Your Website/Application?
The UX/UI Design improves the user experience and customer satisfaction that ultimately helps increase the number of subsequent references and sale rate.
With correct UI/UX, the fonts, icons, colors, styles, and all the visual elements of your application and website are unique and customized.
2. Brand Building
Customer satisfaction and their experience leads to increased customer loyalty and sales rate. The right branding keeps you in the customer's mind long after their purchase.
3. Customer Satisfaction
With a skillful UI/UX design, the product meets the user’s needs by delivering practical, relevant content. This leads to customer satisfaction and increased ROI and sales rate.
4. Increases Traffic
The correct UI/UX design acquires a bigger audience to your business and retains your current customers. With paying attention to the details, your business stands out.
5. Saves Money and Time
A high-quality UI/UX design is a profitable investment for your business. Thus, the reduction of errors and bugs saves you a lot of time and money.
How to Have the Best UI/UX Design for your Website/Application?
Here are some essential practices used by the UI/UX designers in this business.
1. Appealing Imagery
Appropriate imagery draws the user's attention to your brand. Captivating and engaging appearance makes the customers feel more connected to your business.
2. Responsive Design
Responsive design is an important part of the digital process, offering the customers a good experience. The UI/UX designs have to create a user-friendly atmosphere. Nowadays, desktops and smartphones play a big role in people’s daily lives and that should be paid attention to, by creating elements that are accessible for both of those devices.
3. Striking Call to Action
Apart from the visual layouts, correct navigation, and quality content, the brand must try to encourage the customers to engage. Call-to-action (CTA) is an invitation for a user to take some desired action, by prompting an immediate response or encouraging an immediate sale.
4. Minimum Load Time
How fast a website works is an important factor when it comes to qualifying the user’s experience. In its simplest terms, Minimum load time or page load time is the average amount of time it takes for a page to load and show up on the screen. Most users don’t spend more than a few seconds waiting for a page to show up, and they simply move on. Therefore, the improvement of page load capability and its speed is very crucial in the designing process.
5. Eliminate Technical Errors
To create a better experience for the customers, you should reduce technical bugs and errors and avoid them as much as possible. Too many technical problems will cause a chilling effect and customer churn.
Are you looking for a UI/UX Designer? Here is how Homer can help.
If you wish to elevate your online presence, you must know by now that the UI and UX designs are necessary fundamentals to help improve the user experience and customer satisfaction.
Homer UI/UX designs give you a unique visual identity that helps you grow your brand and connect with your customers on different terms; and even if the UI/UX design trends change over time, the standard practices remain the same.
Our professional team of UI/UX designers will help you turn your business goals into reality. Impactful UI and UX designs are the key elements to more sales succession and higher user adoption rates.
By considering the following elements, Homer.studio creates the best designs and plans the best strategies for your website.
Contact us here, and let us help you through this wonderful journey. We would love to take part in the victory of your brand.